National Alliance Mental Illness
Colonial Place Three
2107 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22201-3042
To Whom It May Concern:
Hello, my name is Erin. I am a student in my Junior Year at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida. Recently, I completed a research project on mental illness and its effects on society. I came across your website when I was looking into different treatment options available.
The Peer-to-Peer Program NAMI has established is a wonderful resource for people dealing with a mental illness. With the limited insurance coverage for mental health services, many people would have no access to an educational, supportive environment comparable to Peer-to-Peer.
By providing people with this wealth of knowledge it is likely that the severity, duration, and frequency of relapses will be decreased. This Peer-to-Peer course gives people an increased sense of preparedness, control, and understanding about what they are experiencing.
After hearing about your program, I looked up the Peer-to-Peer course that is offered in my area. I have already recommended it to a good friend of mine who has been battling depression for quite some time. She was very excited about the prospect of taking this course, and will most likely enroll in the next available session.
I would love to learn more about your organization and this program, and if there is any way I am able to contribute. Thank you very much for all you do. Keep up the great work!
Sincerely,
Erin Mahoney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment